German Giant Bayer Plans Massive $10.5B Settlement for Roundup Cancer Claims

Tuesday, February 17, 2026 at 11:19 AM

Chemical company Bayer is reportedly preparing to announce a massive $10.5 billion settlement package to resolve thousands of cancer lawsuits linked to its Roundup weedkiller. The proposed agreement would address both current cases and potential future claims over the next two decades.

German chemical manufacturer Bayer is preparing to unveil a massive $10.5 billion settlement package aimed at resolving thousands of cancer-related lawsuits connected to its popular Roundup weedkiller, according to a Bloomberg report released Tuesday.

Sources with knowledge of the settlement strategy told Bloomberg that the pharmaceutical giant has declined to provide immediate comment regarding these reports.

According to the Bloomberg report, the comprehensive settlement plan includes a proposed $7.5 billion class-action agreement that would be filed through Missouri state courts. This portion of the settlement is designed to address both currently pending Roundup litigation and any potential claims that might emerge over the next two decades.

Additionally, Bayer is reportedly ready to announce $3 billion in settlements for existing U.S. legal cases where former users of the herbicide claim it caused their non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, the report indicates.

The company previously allocated approximately $10 billion to resolve the majority of Roundup-related lawsuits that were active as of 2020, but was unsuccessful in securing an agreement that would cover future legal claims. Since that time, additional lawsuits have continued to be filed against the company. Those bringing legal action claim they developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other cancer types as a result of Roundup exposure, whether through residential use or workplace contact.

Roundup ranks among the most commonly used herbicides across the United States.

More from TV Delmarva Channel 33 News

  • French Officials Free Russian Oil Tanker After Multimillion-Euro Fine

    French authorities have released a tanker believed to be part of Russia's shadow fleet used to evade oil sanctions. The vessel paid a penalty worth several million euros after being detained for three weeks in a Mediterranean port.

  • Colbert Says CBS Lawyers Blocked Texas Democrat Interview Over FCC Rules

    Talk show host Stephen Colbert revealed that CBS attorneys prevented him from airing an interview with Texas Democratic Senate candidate James Talarico due to new FCC equal time requirements. The incident highlights how Trump administration broadcasting guidelines are affecting late-night television programming.

  • US Military Strikes Kill 11 in Drug Boat Operations

    American forces conducted deadly operations against three suspected drug smuggling vessels in Latin American waters Monday, resulting in 11 fatalities. The attacks are part of an ongoing campaign that has claimed at least 145 lives since September.

  • Conservation Groups Sue Over National Park Exhibit Removals

    Multiple conservation and historical organizations have filed a federal lawsuit challenging the removal of exhibits about slavery, civil rights, and climate science from national parks. The legal action comes after a federal judge ordered the restoration of exhibits about enslaved people at George Washington's former Philadelphia residence.