The latest developments in the fight against global terrorism.

(WASHINGTON) – Israeli officials say a key figure behind the October seventh attacks has been killed. The Israel Defense Forces and Israel Security Agency report Izz al-Din al-Haddad was eliminated in a targeted strike in Gaza City on Friday.

According to the IDF, Haddad served as head of Hamas’s military wing and was one of the main planners of the October seventh assault. He had taken over military operations following the deaths of senior Hamas leaders Yahya Sinwar and Mohammed Sinwar.

Israeli officials say Haddad also played a central role in managing Hamas’s hostage system, at times surrounding himself with captives in an effort to prevent being targeted. He was described as one of the group’s longest-serving commanders, with decades of involvement in Hamas leadership.

Meanwhile, diplomatic efforts in the region remain strained. A senior international official told The Wall Street Journal that Hamas’s refusal to disarm and its control over Gaza’s civilian population continue to hinder progress toward any broader peace agreement. Hamas has denied those accusations.

In a separate development, the United States says it has eliminated a top global ISIS leader in Africa.

U.S. officials confirm that American forces, working alongside Nigerian القوات المسلحة, carried out what was described as a highly coordinated operation in northeastern Nigeria. The target, Abu Bilal al-Minuki, was believed to be the second-in-command of ISIS worldwide.

President Trump, in a statement, called the mission “flawlessly executed,” saying al-Minuki had been one of the most active террорист leaders globally, involved in planning attacks and directing hostage-taking operations.

U.S. Africa Command says the strike also killed additional high-value ISIS figures and is part of a broader effort to maintain pressure on remaining террорист networks.

And in the United States, a suspected international terror planner is now in federal custody.

The FBI says an Iraqi man, Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood al-Saadi, has been brought to New York to face charges linked to nearly twenty planned attacks across Europe.

Authorities allege that al-Saadi coordinated operations for a pro-Iranian extremist group, targeting Jewish schools, synagogues, and charities, as well as American and Israeli interests.

FBI Director Kash Patel called the arrest a major international success, saying it reflects ongoing efforts to bring high-level terror suspects to justice.


Brought to you by www.srnnews.com