May 23 (Reuters) – The death toll from a drone strike on a student dorm in the Russian-controlled Luhansk region of eastern Ukraine has risen to 10 from six, a Russian-installed official said on Saturday.
Russia on Friday accused Ukraine of what it described as a deliberate drone strike in the town of Starobilsk with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday ordering his military to prepare options for retaliation.
Leonid Pasechnik, head of the Russian-installed administration in the region, said that 10 people had been killed, 48 were injured and 11 were still unaccounted for.
Ukraine’s military denied the Russian accusations and said it had struck an elite drone command unit in the area. It said that Kyiv complied with international humanitarian law.
(Reporting by Maxim RodionovEditing by Tomasz Janowski)
Brought to you by www.srnnews.com
How South African scientists identified hantavirus on a cruise ship thousands of miles away
Uganda confirms three new Ebola cases, bringing total to five
Pope Leo visits Italy’s ‘Land of Fires’ as families seek justice for children lost to toxic waste
Hundreds rally in Taipei for defence spending after parliament cuts funds