BEIJING, May 18 (Reuters) – A magnitude 5.2 earthquake in China’s southwest region of Guangxi early on Monday killed two and forced more than 7,000 in the city of Liuzhou to evacuate as search and rescue operations continue and authorities warn of transport disruptions.
• There were two confirmed deaths with one still missing, and four people were sent to the hospital, although none of them had life-threatening injuries, CCTV and state news agency Xinhua said.
• Thirteen buildings collapsed in the early hours of Monday, state broadcaster CCTV reported.
• Transportation disruptions were also flagged by railway authorities as they inspected the integrity of rail line infrastructure.
• Communication and power lines, water and gas supply, and traffic in the affected area were operating normally, state media reported.
(Reporting by Liz Lee and Shanghai newsroom; Editing by Tom Hogue)
Brought to you by www.srnnews.com
An Australian journalist turns her harrowing China prison ordeal into a memoir and play
Unwanted lab rats find new homes and are adopted thanks to an Argentine organization
G7 finance chiefs seek to tackle imbalances as trade strains unity
Russia destroyed over 3,000 Ukrainian drones last week, RIA says