IDF Strikes Gaza City Cafe Meeting of Hamas Nukhba Commanders
By The Media Line Staff
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) struck a cafe at the Gaza City port on Tuesday, targeting Hamas Nukhba commanders who the military said were planning terrorist attacks against Israeli troops operating in the Gaza Strip.
The IDF said those targeted included a company commander, three platoon commanders, and other Nukhba members. At least one of the terrorists participated in the October 7 massacre in Israel, according to the military.
The IDF said the group had been advancing plans for attacks against its forces in Gaza.
“Steps were taken prior to the strike to minimize harm to uninvolved parties. The IDF will update on the results of the strike later,” the military said.
The Palestinian news agency Shihab reported that “six people were killed in an Israeli strike on a café at the Gaza City port.” The agency said one of those killed was a child and that 10 other people were wounded.
Defense Minister Israel Katz said the operation reflected Israel’s policy of acting against threats to its troops and pursuing those involved in the October 7 attack.
“Israel’s policy in Gaza is clear: we remove threats, eliminate terrorists, and exact revenge on anyone who took part in the October 7 massacre,” Katz said.
He added, “ This is how the IDF acted today in eliminating Hamas terrorists, and this is how it will continue to act with force to protect our soldiers and ensure the safety of southern communities from within the security zone.”
The strike occurred after US envoy Jared Kushner visited Egypt and Israel, where an agreement was reached with Israel to establish two joint working groups focused on complete demilitarization and humanitarian sanitation.
The talks affirmed that Israeli troops would not withdraw from Gaza and reconstruction would not begin until Hamas had been fully disarmed under international oversight.
Brought to you by www.srnnews.com
Trump the builder carves his legacy in stone as pressures mount
A triple crisis: Earthquake takes a heavy toll on Colombia’s impoverished and neglected region
UN’s Guterres seriously concerned by US sanctions on ICC